Frequently Asked Questions

How do I learn more about Unclaimed Property?

I found my name on the list in the newspaper, now what?

  • Click here for instructions to find your unclaimed property and claim it.

How does my financial institution obtain a deposit of state funds?

  • Financial institutions may apply for a deposit of state funds by contacting the State Treasurer. Information on the deposit program and contact information is available here.

How do I obtain a replacement state check?

  • To replace a lost or destroyed state check, including tax refund checks, please contact the Treasurer's Office at (573) 751-2434.

How do I obtain payment information for a state issued check or a direct deposit to my account?

Do you have a list of all financial institutions within Missouri?

  • The Treasurer's Office does not have a list of the financial institutions in Missouri. Information about banking institutions may be found at the State Division of Finance. However, the Treasurer does maintain a list of all lenders providing low-interest loans through the MOBUCK$ program.

What are the banking rules in Missouri?

Where do I find information regarding the purchase of state debt or bonds?

  • The Office of Administration is responsible for the issuance of state bonds and other debt. Information regarding state debt is available from the Office of Administration. Persons interested in purchasing state debt as an investment should contact a licensed broker for further information.

What types of securities does the State of Missouri invest in?

  • The Missouri State Treasurer is responsible for investing the state’s $4-8 billion portfolio. Guided by the Missouri Constitution and statutes, the Treasurer focuses on safety, liquidity and yield of the portfolio in that order. The portfolio is a fixed-income portfolio limited to a maximum maturity of five years. The State Treasurer is not allowed to invest the portfolio in the stock market. Eligible securities include: U.S. Treasuries, U.S. agency debt, highly-rated commercial paper of U.S. corporations, bankers’ acceptances, repurchase agreements, and time deposits with Missouri banks. For more information, see Section XI of the State Treasurer's investment policy.

What is MOBUCK$, and how does it work?

  • MOBUCK$, Missouri’s Linked Deposit Program, is a low-interest loan program administered by the State Treasurer. The loan program issues low-interest loans through partner lenders. The lenders receive low-interest rate deposits from the State Treasurer for certain eligible programs, and pass on the interest savings to approved borrowers. Since the loans are not guaranteed by the state, borrowers must meet the credit requirements of the lender.

What banks work with MOBUCK$?

Is MOBUCK$ the same as BIG Missouri, MO FIRST, and the Missouri Linked Deposit Program?

  • Yes. MOBUCK$ has been called each at various times since the loan program's creation.

What is a 529 Plan and how do they work?

  • A 529 Plan is a tax-advantaged, state-sponsored savings and investment account for qualified education expenses. You can learn more facts about MOST, Missouri’s 529 Education plan, here.

How do I learn more about the Missouri ABLE Program?

Does Missouri’s MOST 529 program allow K-12 tuition as an eligible expense?

  • Yes, K-12 tuition at public, private, and religious schools up to $10,000 per year, per student is an eligible expense. To learn more about eligible expenses and the flexibility of saving in a MOST 529 account, please visit

How do I check the status of my state tax refund?

  • Missouri state tax refunds are issued by the Missouri Department of Revenue, a separate state agency overseen by the Governor. You can visit here to check the status of your refund.

How do I pay my taxes?

  • The Missouri Department of Revenue, a separate state agency under the purview of the Governor, oversees tax collection. You can click here to learn more about payment options for Missouri taxes.

Back To Top