Political Subdivision Investments
The Missouri State Treasurer provides resources to assist local governments in the investment of public funds. He has prepared investment guidelines as well as a model investment policy, both of which are available for download below.
- The Missouri State Treasurer’s Investment Guidelines for Political Subdivisions
- The Missouri State Treasurer's Model Investment Policy for Political Subdivisions (PDF)
Missouri Public Fund Investment Guide
This guide is provided to public fund investment officers as a resource from the Missouri State Treasurer’s office. Should you have questions about the guide or content within, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample Bank Contracts
The Missouri State Treasurer has developed resources to assist local governments with their banking services.
Government Finance Officers Association Recommended Practices
The GFOA makes recommended practices available for use by governments.
- Collateralization of Public Deposits
- Commercial Paper Investments
- Creating an Investment Policy
- Diversification of Investments in a Portfolio
- Establishing a Policy for Repurchase Agreements
- Investment of Bond Proceeds
- Managing Market Risk in Investment Portfolios
- Other GFOA Recommended Cash Management Practices
Missouri Linked Deposit Program
The Missouri Linked Deposit Program for Local Governments provides low-interest loans to cities, counties and other political subdivisions for capital improvements or other significant programs.
Missouri Office of Administration Vendor Services Portal
This site allows current and prospective state vendors to access the vendor payment portal, download vendor applications and review online bids.
United States Treasury Federal Payment Contact Information
This site contains contact information to help determine where federal payments originated. (A federal payment will indicate “TREAS” followed by a 3-digit number (220, 303, 310 or 312) indicating which Regional Financial Center originated it.)
Resources on Debt Issuance and Bidding Processes
Pursuant to § 108.170.9, RSMo., the State Treasurer’s Office is required to make best practices regarding debt issuance and bidding available to the state’s municipalities, political subdivisions, and districts.
The Treasurer’s Office recommends the best practices promulgated by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA):